Monday, January 30, 2012
1978, Or As The Romans Would Have Said, MCMLXXVIII Was A Great Year
* Gasoline was only 63 cents per gallon. Even better if you drove a VW.
* Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher were born. And 'That 70's Show' is in perpetual reruns.
* Charlie Chaplan's coffin was stolen in Switzerland. To use as a coffee table?
* Dick Smith towed a fake iceberg to Sydney Harbour. For the ultimate game of Marco Polo.
* Charlie Chaplan's coffin was found 15 km from the cemetary. Was it on wheels?
* Garfield made his debut. And cats all over American began eating lasagna.
* Timmy Johnson blew up his sister's Barbie with a cherry bomb in the driveway. Barbie's an easy target for boys who like to blow things up.
* U.S. President Jimmy Carter legalized brewing beer at home. At the request of brother Billy. Remember him? He peed on a Secret Service car.
* David Rorvik claimed he cloned a human. At last! David has a girlfriend.
* I was driving an 18-wheeler cross country. Yikes! What was I thinking?